Depending on the timeline since you first booked your price tag, the fare type and how you obtain it, you may get your cash lower back. If money back isn’t possible under the Delta Airlines refund policy, an eCredit toward your next flight is probably an opportunity.
Unfastened 24-hour cancellation
- Delta Airlines refund policy offers the maximum leniency in relation to flights that have been canceled inside 24 hours of booking. Below its 24-Hour hazard-free Cancellation policy, you could cancel your booking for any cause without penalty.
- This policy applies to any flight fare, whether it’s a refundable, nonrefundable or basic financial system price tag. Upon canceling your flight, you’ll receive an automatic full refund that’s issued to the authentic fee approach.
Refunds for SkyMiles award tickets
Relying on how you used your Delta SkyMiles to redeem award journey, you might be able to reclaim your miles.
- Award tickets: whilst SkyMiles are used to cover the whole fee of the price ticket and also you select to cancel your flight, your miles may be redeposited into your SkyMiles account.
- Pay with Miles tickets: some Delta SkyMiles AmEx cardmembers can comfortable their price ticket via the Pay with Miles redemption option. Regardless of whether or not you redeemed miles closer to a refundable ticket, the miles received’t be redeposited into your SkyMiles account (you’ll get an eCredit for the fee instead).
- Miles + coins tickets: For customers who bought a price ticket thru Miles + cash, the cash portion of the price ticket is nonrefundable. The mileage part of the ticket price will be redeposited into your SkyMiles account.
- Upgrade with Miles tickets: Miles used for flight improvements can’t be redeposited into your SkyMiles account unless the price ticket falls under the 24-hour threat-unfastened cancellation coverage.
How to initiate a Delta refund request
Requesting money back inside 24 hours
Clients can easily cancel and request a reimbursement on a price tag online inside 24 hours of reserving, at no additional value. Visit delta.Com or release the Fly Delta app, then:
- Either log in and choose My journeys, or in case you don’t have a Delta online account, pick discover Your experience.
- Select the experience you want to cancel and click on on the Cancel Flight button.
- Then, comply with the steps to submit a Delta refund request.
Delta refund requests after 24 hours
- As soon as the danger-loose cancellation duration ends, you’ll want to go through a exclusive channel to post a Delta refund request.
- Clients with a refundable price ticket can post a Delta refund request for their booking online via visiting delta.Com and filling out its electronic shape. Nonrefundable price tag holders also can use the same shape to cancel their experience and apply for an eCredit.
- You’ll need to go into your first and final call and the 13-digit price ticket quantity that’s on the confirmation or receipt from whilst you first bought your ticket.If you want more information then contact Delta Airlines Customer Service
The bottom line
Knowledge which tickets are eligible for a Delta Airlines refund policy may be perplexing, but with any luck this manual has made your buying alternatives less complicated. After you’re out of doors of the 24-hour cancellation window, your price tag type will become extra relevant on your eligibility. If the likelihood of a coin’s refund is critical to you, avoid booking primary economic system fares (in which no refunds are given) or other nonrefundable tickets (wherein eCredits are given).