Since GTA V’s release into 2013, tens of thousands in addition to a multitude of customisations were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
One of the biggest issues that players face with mods is figuring out how to upload and configure them in order that they can function within the game. It can be a bit confusing for players who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what changes to put in place in 2022 nearly year after GTA V first launched. Below, players will be able to see the steps for downloading mods from GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players know what mods they need to install, they must be aware of how to download the mods. It’s important to know that players can only install mods for single-player play, as Rockstar Games had forbidden the use mods in GTA Online. If players attempt to play GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be at risk of being banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in download mods to GTA V. The first part of the process is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is complete, open OpenIV, and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, and then hit the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Click on ASI Manager. Install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this procedure gives players is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application at any time to review how their mods are doing, deinstall the mods, or change the mods. The next step of the process is to locate physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Choose a mod that you wish to download. You can choose a specific type of mod from the menu on the site
- After a mod has been chosen Click on the box, and then click the green Download button.
- Some mods will download the .rar download file for your web browser. Other mods redirect you to an Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require a different program for opening it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available from the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. It will provide you with directions on how to download the mod
- If the mod is available found on the Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded in a zip file which you must extract to a different location on your PC.
- After you have extracted the files After the files have been extracted, copy or paste it to the Mods folder on the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you have entered into the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file to your GTA V directory or followed the instructions to open the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there are mods that make use of scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file to the directory for games of GTA V, but don’t place them in a particular directory.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these typically are identified with .net)
- Unzip the Mod file to extract its contents time
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. The instructions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these steps are complete After that, players are able using mods without restriction after which they can begin to use mods GTA V.