Professional landscapers are optimistic about the future of the green industry despite the negative effects of the COVID-19 in 2020. Taking advantage of many trends within the landscaping industry can be achieved by utilizing effective lawn care advertising ideas.
People spend more time indoors these days, so lawn maintenance is more important than ever. Commercial buildings will also need to employ professional landscapers when companies start to recover and workers return to their offices.
It is imperative that your lawn care business follows the best practices for marketing so that it can truly capture these opportunities. We will now look at a few things you can do to promote your lawn care business effectively
Take Advantage of The Busy Season to Market Your Services
Adverts are most effective when they are timed correctly. Though lawn care advertising campaigns should begin well before the busy season in the spring, the busy season usually occurs in the spring.
As a result, you will have adequate time to formulate a targeted marketing campaign targeted at your ideal customers. You can charge a higher rate in your service area or for wealthy commercial properties.
Starting your advertising campaign early will also give you the opportunity to inform your potential clients about your business repeatedly. If you suddenly flood your customers with marketing campaign materials, they may feel overwhelmed, as they would if they saw your ads on a regular basis.
Marketing Online and Offline Should be Prioritized
Direct mail is proving to be one of the most effective ways to market lawn care products and services today. Multiple sources provide your customers with information about your services, allowing you to remind them regularly about your offerings.
Therefore, you will want to create a marketing campaign that reaches your target audience through multiple channels. Digital marketing is one effective way to accomplish this. You could also consider:
- Advertise your business on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest through social media marketing campaigns. By showcasing your work through images and videos, these platforms allow you to effectively communicate the value of your services to thousands of potential customers.
- E-mail marketing campaigns are highly cost-effective, and offer a return on investment (ROI) of 42 cents for each dollar invested.
Email campaigns can be automated to send targeted messages at key points before the busy season. You will be more likely to convert potential clients if you time these reminders correctly.
- As more people turn to online searches for services, Google Adwords is growing. Investing in Google Ads will put your lawn care business at the top of search engine results, ensuring that your potential customers will find you when searching online for “lawn care” services.
Provide Your Clients With All the Information They Need About Your Lawn Care Services
In order to effectively advertise your lawn care business, you need more than your business name and number. You should include the following features and information regardless of whether you use direct mail or digital marketing:
- You want your headline to highlight your greatest customer benefit since most people will scan it. If you promote your affordable services or availability on weekends, or if you have robotic mowers that let you mow large lawns, you will likely attract more clients. You’re more likely to get customers to read your advertisement if your headline is enticing.
- Images that capture the attention of the customer and also communicate more value than words: Great images attract the attention of a customer and also convey the value of your service. You can demonstrate this by providing images of your lawns before and after treatment. Choose high-resolution shots that show your best work.
- Your coverage area may be limited based on your resources, so be clear in your ads about this. Your advertisements should also target prospective customers within your service area.
- Your customers will feel more confident in your lawn care skills if they know about your experience or areas of specialization. Your customers will appreciate your skills if you tell them how your services will benefit their lawns.
- Provide your name, business phone number, website, and email address to customers. Inform them of how they can contact you.
- You can offer new customers a discount or even a free first mowing to entice them to hire you. In order to book more clients in advance, you can make these offers time-sensitive.
Establish a Brand Identity That is Effective
Landscaping companies aren’t the only thing people look for when hiring professionals. They’re searching for a brand that has a unique identity.
You need more than just a logo to promote your business (even though logos are important). A great landscaping company must also employ business practices that make them stand out from the rest.
Using eco-friendly lawn care products, you can market yourself as a professional who uses only environmentally friendly products. By wearing masks and maintaining proper social distancing, you can ease pandemic concerns and ease customer concerns. Having your business advertised on a lawn care flyer reassures your clients and makes them think of your business when they are looking for landscapers.
Enhance Your Google Listings
Checking your online reviews and testimonials allows people to research your company quickly and easily. Over 87% of consumers read reviews for local businesses online in 2020 – a significant increase from 81% in 2019.
Therefore, you should take care to make sure your testimonials are at their best. Respond to your recent client reviews by thanking them by name. Look through your current reviews and respond to them. Provide a solution to the customer’s issues if you receive negative reviews.
As long as your existing clients are happy with your service, it is also acceptable to ask them for reviews. You can thank them with an email and ask them to leave a review on your listings. They are likely to do so if you ask.
Make your Website Mobile-Friendly to Attract Customers
The majority of your clients are likely to search for you online by now. Your business website should be mobile-friendly so that they can access it easily. Despite the fact that most people search for lawn care services with their smartphones, not all websites have been designed to look good on mobile devices.
Make sure all of your images and content on your website are visible on mobile devices. Having an easy-to-navigate business website will make your company appear more professional. Thus, it will be easier for people to take advantage of your services.
A Lawn Care Advertising Plan that Will Grow Your Client List
The trend of staying indoors is a great opportunity for your lawn care business. Marketing your business to a broader audience is important, especially if you’re expanding it.
To be effective, however, lawn care advertising ideas require planning and time. Digital marketing is becoming increasingly important for business promotion, so you should learn how to become a successful online marketer.
Constant Contact provides a free online marketing guide to businesses that provide repairs and maintenance. You can keep your lawn care company thriving for years by familiarizing yourself with the marketing opportunities available.